The Functional Medicine model is an individualized, patient-centered, science-based approach that empowers patients and practitioners to work together to address the underlying causes of disease and promote optimal wellness. It requires a detailed understanding of each patient’s genetic, biochemical, and lifestyle factors and leverages that data to direct personalized treatment plans that lead to improved patient outcomes.
By addressing root cause, rather than symptoms, practitioners become oriented to identifying the complexity of disease. They may find one condition has many different causes and, likewise, one cause may result in many different conditions. As a result, Functional Medicine treatment targets the specific manifestations of disease in each individual. (Institute for Functional Medicine, 2018)
Autonomic Response Testing (A.R.T.) ART is a muscle testing technique developed by Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt with help from Dr. Louise Williams and Dr. Yokiashi Omura. ART takes muscle testing to the next level by understanding the effects of stressors on our autonomic nervous system causing blocked regulation (dysfunction). The autonomic nervous system controls heart rate, digestion, breathing, sweating, etc. Impacts on our nervous system results in illness. I can test for involvement of foods, allergens, heavy metals, infections, chemicals, geopathic stressors. Some areas of this technique can be accomplished via remote muscle testing for patients.
1. BioenergetiX Wellness Scan (NES) Scanning the biofield and correcting disturbances with infoceuticals and PEMF. Please see this video link for a complete explanation. Click Here
2. Infoceuticals Structured water imprinted with information to correct the biofield-improve functioning of the body.
3. MiHealth PEMF treatments-Pulsed Electromagnetic Frequency/TENS/Biofeedback machine. Rent machine or have a treatment in the office.
Balancing the main hormonal systems adrenal, thyroid, and sex steroids hormones
Hormone replacement via Belmar Biologic Lymphatically absorbed tablets; topical hormone, and pellets for male and female.
Chronic Illness–Treatment mainly with herbal combinations and maybe in combination with prescription medication.
1. Lyme and co-infections
2. Mold/Biotoxin Illness
3. Gastrointestinal infections, symptoms
4. Autoimmune diseases
1. Prolozone Use of ozone with nutritional components as injections into joints, muscles, fascia for pain relief and repair of the tissue. Learn More
2. Neural Therapy This technique was developed in Germany in the early 1900’s using preservative free 1% Procaine. Injections that can normalize or re-polarize the nerves in that area to help re-establish self regulation and clearing of toxins in nerves. Injections are mostly done subcutaneously segmental patterns, but can be done in deeper ganglion. Scars
3. Trigger point injections with local anesthetic
4. Botox cosmetic–$10/unit
RECODE provider for Alzheimer’s Disease and cognitive decline
Individualized program to reverse cognitive decline including lab work, supplements, diet changes, brain exercises.
Uses related to immune support, gastrointestinal repair, sleep, weight loss.